Am sitting by my window, hands to my cheeks, my iPod streaming India Arie; am lost in a world of thoughtfulness. Thinking has now become an active activity I engage in. Thanks to Bill Gates and Business @ the speed of Thought.
There is always a new dimension to one’s life whenever influential friends comes into it. Recently I ran into one, the way and manner is a discussion for another day but I will like to share with you a few things I learnt from this friend.
1. Enjoy Life: Life is worth enjoying. Let nothing mar the happiness you can get from it.
2. Be Authentic: Live real. This is a philosophy that I strive always to pursue especially as a young man living in fast-changing times.
3. You can do well with some adversity: Our mental and psychological muscle is developed by the amount of adversity we face and overcome.
4. Love God: What else can I add to this? Perhaps i’ll will add ‘…with all your heart, soul and strength’.
5. Read Good Books: You cannot work and function above what you know. How effective and efficient you function is largely limited or enhanced by how much you know.
6. Kids are fun: Simply indulge in a little of them and tell me what you think.
7. Don’t just Communicate, Connect: Great friendships doesn’t just stop at good communication, it proceeds further to great connection. Thank you so much John Maxwell.